At A1 Plumbing, we provide a range of minimally invasive procedures using the most cutting-edge technology available on the market. These techniques, known as “trenchless” services, save our customers time, hassle, and unexpected additional expenses. Whereas traditional methods require the digging of a sizeable trench in your yard or under the foundation of your home, trenchless methods need only a small access point to reach your pipe and perform maintenance.
Benefits of a sewer camera inspection
A sewer camera inspection is no exception to the trenchless rule. It is utilized as a diagnostic tool to clearly view your pipes from the inside, assess their damage, and make knowledgeable recommendations for their repair or improvement.
A small, high-definition camera is threaded into your pipe by a trained A1 technician. Once images have been assessed, the results of the camera inspection are shared with you in a consultation, during which you will be presented with options to solve your plumbing issues. A sewer camera inspection is performed prior to any of our plumbing services, and allows you to view your pipes in real time, eliminating the need for messy, expensive, and time-consuming guesswork.
Sewer camera inspections can also be ordered without an existing plumbing issue. They’re a great idea for routine plumbing maintenance, and will keep you informed on how well your pipes are aging, when they will require replacement, and whether any issues like tree roots are beginning to occur in your plumbing system.
It’s also a smart idea to order a camera inspection prior to buying a new home or building for your business. Though building inspections are thorough, they neglect to include an inspection of the pipes. Without realizing it, and depending on the age of the home and actions of its former owners, you could end up with an expensive mess on your hands. Coated-on kitchen grease, corroded pipes, clogs, or simply older plumbing systems might be inherited by you, just after an already expensive purchase!
Troubleshooting your plumbing system
There are plenty of actions you can take in your home or business to forestall damage and expensive repairs. Discuss the below with your family or employees to ensure a properly working plumbing system for years to come:
- Place hair or food traps over shower and kitchen drains to prevent clogs.
- Never place food, baby wipes, feminine products, or other foreign objects into pipes.
- If disposing of kitchen grease, don’t pour it into pipes! Instead, consider freezing it in tossable containers, then taking it out with the rest of the garbage.
- If you notice issues such as gurgling pipes, slow drains, sewage odors, or low water pressure, don’t ignore them – they could be symptoms of a larger problem.
- Know when your plumbing was installed and what material the pipes are made of. This will help you maintain them properly, and know when a system replacement is required.
Call A-1 for your plumbing needs
If you think you need a sewer camera inspection or would like more information on our services, contact our branch in Carson City today! Our highly trained professionals will provide efficient, prompt service to your door today!